Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Bridal Henna - Recipe for dark henna color

As promised, here is a photo of the finished color, 24 hours after the paste is removed. This color will continue to darken over the next 24 to 48 hours. While it may appear that this is black henna, I assure you, no black henna was used.

I use only fresh Jamila Henna powder, which gives very good, dark color very quickly. This paste was made with lemon juice, lime juice, my henna tea blend and henna powder. After allowing the paste to rest for 12 hours, I added tea tree oil, lavender oil, neroil oil, geranium bourbon oil & a bit of eucalyptus oil.

To futher thin the paste, I added a bit of pomegranate juice. After the henna paste had dried on the skin, I sprayed it with a mixture of lemon juice, sugar & lavender oils all mixed together in a fine mist sprayer. I waited for the paste to be pretty dry on the skin before spraying with the lemon juice. I was able to spray the finished design serveral times.


To be sure I got the best color possible, I wrapped the design with tissue, and wore a plastice glove (the kind you might get for food service use) for several hours. Come back to visit again for more tips as I "discover" them.

No comments: