If you want to get the best henna tattoo possible here are very helpful pointers!
- Be sure your hands are clean!
- Do not wear body lotion.
- Do not have hand sanitizer on your skin.
- Leave your henna paste on at least 3 hours.
- Remove your henna design by gently scraping the paste from your skin.
- Use olive or coconut oil to remove any excess paste.
- Keep a natural oil (not grape seed) on your henna for the first 3 days.
- Put oil over your design before taking a shower.
- Keep your henna out of water (chlorine in tap water can bleach the color.)
- Remember - heat is good for henna. Walk in the sun, sweat a bit.
Henna works by penetrating the layers of the skin. The longer the paste stays on the skin the darker the finished color will be.
- How long will my henna tattoo last?
If you follow the instructions above, you should get very good color because you are taking care to keep the stain in the skin. The complete design should show for at least one week. Henna will then begin to fade as skin cells regenerate.
- How long will it take to do a henna tattoo?
In general a $15 design can be done in 10 minutes or so. The time it takes to apply depends on where you want the henna tattoo, how complex a design you choose, how large a design you choose.
If you are on a budget - just tell me how much you want to spend and what style of henna you prefer. I am sure to create something you will enjoy and can easily afford.
- What else should I know?
Henna is for the hands and feet. You will always get your best finished color there. The henna will provide a lighter stain on the arms and legs. I prefer not to do the back nor the upper arm. I will - however you will not get the same deep stain as you would on your hands.
I look forward to decorating you this year!! Henna is offered most every Sunday from 12:30 - 5:00 in the lovely ambiance of Midnight Sun, 10055 Park Street, Jacksonville, FL. 32204.