Sunday, May 04, 2008

Shaded Henna Tattoo - Original Henna Pattern for the Leg

Here is a photo of an original "wrap-around" henna tattoo pattern for the leg.

I am experimenting with different ways to create a shaded effect with henna paste. For this design I used henna paste, thinned with lemon juice & sugar that I brushed onto the skin. I used a little water color brush to fill in finished design areas.

It is my hope that this gentle touch of henna stain will result in a lighter color in the finished henna tattoo for the shaded areas. Perhaps I will to be able to post a photo of the finished color next week. Notice that this is a pic of the henna paste ON the skin, not black henna and not the finished color. If you have a photo of henna we have created together, please feel welcome to email it to me & I will post it with your photo of paste on the skin.

For more photos of henna tattoo for the legs & ankles, please be sure to visit the updated gallery on line at Spirit Vision Henna. Henna Tattoo is available on Saturday afternoons from 1:00 until about 5:15 on Saturdays through out the summer. Of course we are available for out calls, parties & corporate events.. but the weekend party is good fun.

* If you are coming for your first henna experience, please be sure to read the informed consent carefully. I may not have made it clear that henna paste goes on the skin wet. It is important to be mindful of your tattoo for the first 15 minutes or so after the paste is applied. If you choose to have the lemon sugar glaze, then it may take a bit longer for the paste to dry.

Also, if you are going to have an active day, then it is best NOT to put henna on jointed areas! More complete information is available on my FAQ page... and of course all over the web!

No comments: