Thursday, June 22, 2017

Henna Art • Relax & Be Decorated!

Many first time henna clients in Jacksonville, Florida are new to the idea of henna, or mehandi which is a temporary “tattoo”. 

There are no needles used. A fragrant paste is created by your artist to stain your skin. The finished color depends on you! 

The goal of a true henna artist is to make you look beautiful! Every woman has a different hand shape and therefore I design a custom tattoo to make your hand, wrist, arm, foot or ankle as lovely as possible. 

Henna is a freehand art form, and as I have been practicing this art for 20 years, I just need a little bit of direction from you. I need to know if you like “Tribal”, “Floral” or “Traditional” henna patterns. 

While it is fine to bring along a photo from the Internet to give me an idea of the style you like, on a “Walk In” henna day the goal is for everyone who wants some art to enjoy the process and receive a lovely design. 

Complex designs that look great on Pinterest usually take a good while to apply, cost much more than $15 or $20, and may or may not make your hand look lovely. 

Many designs from the web that I am seeing these days are very symmetric! Henna hands don’t match. The beauty of the art lies between the chaos and the negative space. 

I have a portfolio of over 300 designs for you to review. I have pattern books as well, and you are welcome to browse through them to give me an idea of what you like. 

What works best is for you to tell me how much you want to spend and the style you like. Then, please allow me to give you the best henna tattoo for your hand shape and budget!

Please come with oil free, product free skin. (Henna cannot penetrate body oils & lotions.) Please put the henna some where you can allow the paste to be exposed to the Sun. Henna is a heat activated body art. 


This Saturday we should have a nice warm day, and no rain. Although a sunny day is best, partly cloudy will do just fine. Cash preferred. Debit & Credit accepted. Please visit my blog for more information. 

Henna day begins at 12:30 this Saturday, June 24, 2017 at Midnight Sun. This is one of the loveliest import stores I have ever seen. There are wonderful clothes, jewels, stones, soaps, incense.... I am sure you will enjoy the shop if there is a wait for your henna. 

For more information you may visit my Facebook page or call 904-993-7466.

No comments: