Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bridal Henna Tattoo for Brooke - Original Henna Pattern

bridal henna tattoo

Brook designed this unique henna tattoo for her wedding day as we went along. I was very lucky to feel pretty good about drawing trees so that I felt pretty well qualified to help design the pattern for her.

She sent me some samples by email of styles she liked. As well, she looked through some of the pattern books I brought to our appointment before deciding on an asymmetrical tree design. The patterns she had sent me had a Turkish feeling which I tried to include in the style of the leaves, and the spacing of the lines.

The backs of the hands were done very simply, again with an asymmetric design offering an Arabic look. The pattern she chose for the feet was a traditional "sandal" style that mirrored the organic feeling of the palm pattern.

I hope to be able to post photos of the finished color for you soon. 'Til then, just click the image for a close up.

No comments: