Monday, August 18, 2008

Bridal Henna for Back of Hand

bridal henna tattoo hand and arm paste on skinIt is always wonderful to have friends! I am particularly grateful for those with the time and patience to help me perfect my skills.

This henna tattoo took about an hour and a half to complete. We were having a relaxed time, no stress or hurry, and didn't realize that time and passed so quickly. After we finished, we wrapped that tattoo in tissue and plastic to be sure to get the best color possible.

This paste, I included eucalyptus oil, clove oil, a bit of neroli & some cajeput. It was an invigorating mix that we both enjoyed. The henna flowed very smoothly from the "floral paper" cone, and I was able to provide several applications of lemon/sugar to the design to keep it moist as long as possible.

I will have finished color photos on Wednesday I hope, and will be sure to post them as soon as possible. Again, I was inspired by the many very talented artists who have so generously posted their work on line. Following their example, I did draw the primary design elements on the arm first, then filled those in, moving down to the hand and finally the fingers.

No comments: